APPLIED HANDLING – MORE THAN A LOADING DOCK COMPANY
You may know Applied Handling as the expert in loading docks sales and service, however, we offer much more. In December’s blog we would like to explore the products and services that make Applied Handling the leaders of not only docks and doors, but the material handling industry as well. Would you like to read up on some of the special projects our experts have designed, managed and installed? Check out the Project Section on this website.
We’ll touch lightly on loading dock equipment. Applied Handling is the Michigan Distributor of Rite-Hite® Products. Rite-Hite® is an early pioneer in loading dock safety, introducing groundbreaking designs like DOK-LOK trailer restraint which quickly became an industry standard. Loading Dock equipment includes products like:
- Hydraulic, Mechanical and Air Powered Levelers
- Vehicle Restraints
- Dock Seals and Shelters
- Truck Levelers
- Control Panels & Communication Systems.
Did you know Applied Handling specializes in custom engineered industrial doors? We partner with top quality door manufacturers to bring you innovation and performance. Do you need weird, crazy, one of a kind specialty doors? No problem. Challenge us with your unique door challenges. We know people….door people.
- Rolling Steel & Sectional Doors
- Swing & Sliding Doors
- Specialty Doors (Blast, Acoustic, Oversized etc.)
- Cooler & Freezer Doors
- Rubber Doors
- Hi-Speed Doors
- Vertical Lift Doors
Rite-Hite Industrial Fans slowly circulate a large amount of air. Air is pulled from above the fan and pushed down in a conical shape to the floor below. They are now being used in warehouses, distribution centers, gymnasiums, and a variety of other applications.
Rite-Hite industrial fans have benefits year-round. They keep people cool in the summer and in the winter can be used for de-stratification, a process that mixes warm air from the ceiling with cooler air at the floor. Creating a more comfortable environment while saving on energy costs.
With the Fan-Commander Touch Screen Control Station, users can optimize the year-round performance of Rite-Hite industrial fans throughout a single facility, maximizing the energy savings and comfort they deliver.
Applied Handling offers a variety of solutions to maximize space, store or move products within your facility. Read more about a custom project managed by Applied Handling.
- Conveyor & Lifts– Need a way to move materials between floors? Horizontally or vertically? We have the solution. Vertical Reciprocating Conveyors. These are custom designed freight elevators manufactured exactly to your industries specification.
- Lift tables or turntables. Improve workstation productivity.
- Racking & Storage – Reinforce and repair damaged racks with Damotech repair solutions. High efficient mobile racking to maximize your warehouse.
- Mezzanines – Mezzanines are one of the most cost-effective ways to transform unused space into productive space. Increase your cubic space and maximize the entire area of your facility, saving money in lease costs and new construction expenses. There are standard designs available, or Applied Handlings experts can customize a mezzanine to ensure it is totally integrated with your building layout.
Prevent accidents and protect your employees and equipment by utilizing the right protection for your unique applications throughout your facility. Guardrail and barrier systems protect your products, your facilities and your equipment, as well as pedestrians.
- Guardrails & Handrails – Separate & Define work areas, walkways and interior loading docks more safely than a painted yellow line.
- Gate Applications – Protect danger zones with gate applications by Rite-Hite®
- Curtain Walls (Zoneworks) – What if you could redesign, reconfigure, and customize your industrial space without the downtime, investment, and permanence of traditional construction? Zoneworks by Rite-Hite offers Fabric Curtain Walls which are a great solution.
Pre-engineered modular walls and structures can be used for virtually every wall or office requirement. From traditional modular systems to areas needing sound, thermal and fire insulation, Applied Handling can help you find what you need. Exterior building options include Guard Booths, Smoking Shelters and Observation Towers. Read more about a custom engineered modular restroom by Applied Handling.
- Modular Offices
- Modular Clean Rooms
- Booths and Shelters
- Wall Partitions
- Scraper Snow Systems – Remove snow from the rooftops of trucks and trailers safely and efficiently.
- Dock Leveler refurbishments
- Aftermarket parts
- 24/7 Service, Planned Maintenance Programs and Fire Drop Testing
- Construction and Concrete Repairs
As a trusted company who has specialized in material handling solutions since 1952, Applied Handling looks forward to helping you find solutions to all your material handling needs.