Fall Prevention – Barrier Safety Solutions that meet OSHA Standards.
WALKING-WORKING SURFACES & FALL PROTECTION STANDARDS (OSHA 1910.28 & 1910.29)
According to the US Department of Labor; Falls from heights and on the same level (a working surface) are among the leading causes of serious work -related injuries and death. Effective January 2017, OSHA Standards require employers to provide fall protection for pedestrians at all drop-offs four feet or more above ground. This means companies are subject to inspection and citation if found in violation of Walking-Working Surfaces & Fall Protection Standards (OSHA 1910.28 & 1910.29). Read OSHA’s Fact Sheet.
What is a Walking-Working Surface?
- Per the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), a Walking-Working Surface is any horizontal or vertical surface on or through which an employee walks, works or gains access to a work area or workplace location.
What do the Standards Mean?
- Employers are required to provide fall protection for pedestrians at all drop-offs four feet or more above a lower level
- Guardrail systems satisfy this fall protection requirement. Other options include safety net systems & personal fall protection systems.
- Toeboards must be used on overhead walking-working surfaces to prevent objects from falling and injuring employees on the lower level.
Who do these Standards apply to?
- These standards affect most industries: manufacturing, warehouses, factories, retail, etc.
Recommended Guardrails for Fall Protection –
- Dok-Guardian HDXL Safety Barrier – Helps prevent fork trucks, pallet jacks, and pedestrians from falling off loading dock. Designed for Impact up to 30,000 lbs. Flexible design to be used throughout your facility where separation is needed. Can be integrated with Dok-Lok’s safety system. (learn more).
- Guardrite Removable Handrail – Creates a removable barrier to separate and protect areas of your plan that need occasional access. Designed to stop up to 5,000 lbs. Flexible Design. Indoor/Outdoor use.
- Roof Fall Protection Railings – Fabricated to protect workers and prevent accidents. Bright appearance, no trip hazard. Great solution for rooftop safety.
- GateKeeper – Fall protection from mezzanine and elevated platform areas. Dual reciprocating barrier that makes elevated loading and unloading safer.
Contact Applied Handling at 800-837-8020 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss fall prevention and barrier safety solutions at your facility.