Why Implement Planned Maintenance at your Facility?
The equipment at your facility takes a beating daily. Faulty equipment causes downtime, safety issues, untimely costs and is downright annoying. One of the smartest moves you can make as a facilities manager is to implement Planned Maintenance Programs for your levelers, restraints, doors, lifts and conveyors. Planned Maintenance is a proactive approach to keep equipment running and costs down.
Planned maintenance programs are an important investment for your assets. The investment allows you to take control of your budget and schedule by eliminating the surprise of unexpected, untimely repairs. Procrastinating over the repair of your equipment can lead to bigger problems, and even worse, possible downtime. Why not implement planned maintenance programs for all your material handling equipment.
What type of Equipment do we PM?
Applied Handling can help you prepare for your maintenance needs, by scheduling your PMP’s for 2018. We inspect and repair the following equipment:
- HVLS Fans
- High Speed Doors
- Dock Levelers
- Vehicle Restraints
- Scissor Lifts
- Sectional Doors
- Rolling Steel Doors
What does a Technician do during a PM?
Normal PMP’s include performing the following checks per manufacturers specifications.
- Cleaning – Technicians thoroughly clean equipment and components which leads to longer life expectancy for equipment. Dust and debris can be harmful to working parts.
- Lubricating – Technicians apply the proper lubricants to safeguard parts and components from moisture and rust.
- Adjustments – Technicians adjust the equipment ensuring all components work smoothly and efficiently.
- Inspection – Technicians evaluate the equipment to bring problems to your attention before they become costly repairs or replacements.
- Documentation – A checklist is provided showing the work performed and areas that need attention.
Don’t delay! Start the process to protect and maintain your assets. Let the Operations Team at Applied Handling schedule your planned maintenance program. Call us today at 1-800-837-8020 or email email@example.com.
Example of a Leveler/Restraint Checklist